Colleen Angel has been a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in the state of Wisconsin since 2017 and a Substance Abuse Counselor (SAC-IT) since 2018. She joined Elmergreen Associates in 2017 after having served as an Information Professional since 1995. She is a member of the American Counseling Association (ACA) and the Midwest Brainspotting Institute(MBI).
Colleen listens to clients to learn about who they are through stories they tell about themselves. She focuses on helping clients to choose goals, plan treatments, and claim their power to live in healthy relationship to themselves and others. She believes that all people can improve themselves, and she assists each person to find the best ways to meet his or her unique therapeutic goals. Colleen enjoys meeting new people and learning new things. Some of her favorite people include her son and her two furry, four-legged cats.
Call 715-845-7175 to book an appointment with Colleen Angel today!
COUNSELING / CLINICAL SPECIALTIES
- Alcohol & Other Drug Abuse (AODA) / Addiction Recovery
- Anger / Stress Management
- Anxiety / Depression Treatment
- Life Coaching / Personal Development
- Academic Concerns
- Adjustment Issues / Coping Skills
- Anger Management
- Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)
- Career / Job Stress
- Communication / Social Skills
- Death & Dying
- Depression / Mood Disorders
- Grief & Loss Adjustment
- Panic Attacks
- Peer Relationships
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Self-Care / Self-Esteem
- Social Anxiety Disorder
- Stress Management
- Substance Abuse / Opioid Addiction
- Widowhood & Grief
TESTING / CLINICAL EVALUATIONS
- Psychological (Anxiety / Depression / Bipolar Disorder)
- Substance Abuse
PREFERRED THERAPY APPROACHES
- Brainspotting (BSP)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Narrative Therapy (NT)
- Solution-Focused Therapy (SFT)
- Transactional Analysis (TA)
- Young Adults (18–19)
- Adults (20–64)
Colleen trained in Brainspotting (BSP) beginning in 2016 and continuing through the current year: Training with Dr. David Grand, Dr. Pie Frey, Dr. Ruby Gibson, and several other trainers.
She has led group work in AODA recovery for state and county level programs. She also interned at Wood County, WI, assisting counselors with Day Treatment and an Intensive Outpatient Program designed for clients with AODA issues who were enrolled in the Wood County Drug Court program.
Colleen has enjoyed working with university students to adjust to individuating and succeeding in new roles away from home.
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) certification: State of Wisconsin
- Substance Abuse Counselor in Training (SAC-IT) certification: State of Wisconsin
- Master of Arts (MA) degree–Counseling: Lakeland University, Plymouth, WI
- Master of Arts (MA) degree–Organizational Communication: University of Wisconsin–Stevens Point
- Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) degree: University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree–Psychology: University of Wisconsin–Stevens Point