Gary Grote joined the staff of Elmergreen Associates in 2016. After his first career of 22 years as a Lutheran pastor, Gary has been working in the field of substance use disorders since 2000 as an outpatient case manager and counselor. He became a Registered Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor I in 2002, a Substance Abuse Counselor in 2006, and a Clinical Substance Abuse Counselor (CSAC) in 2008.
Gary is a member of the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC) and has extensive experience with Driver Safety Plans for individuals required to engage in AODA (Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse) counseling following a citation for Operating While Intoxicated (OWI).
Mr. Grote is deeply dedicated to the meaningful, joyful, rewarding, and challenging journey of RECOVERY, walking side-by-side with clients to gain and maintain sobriety and working with clients toward the goal of rebuilding lives that have been damaged by addiction.
Gary has a heart for helping individuals stay clean and sober while under the pressure of community supervision (e.g., probation and parole). In the safe space of a respectful, caring, and trusting relationship, the client and counselor together will form positive and realistic goals that grow out of a client’s own strengths, needs, hopes, and dreams.
Call 715-845-7175 to book an appointment with Gary Grote today.
COUNSELING / CLINICAL SPECIALTIES
- Alcohol & Other Drug Abuse (AODA) / Addiction Recovery
- Substance Abuse / Opioid Addiction
TESTING / CLINICAL EVALUATIONS
- Substance Abuse
PREFERRED THERAPY APPROACHES
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Adolescents / Teenagers (14–19)
- Adults (20–64)
- Elders (65+)
- Clinical Substance Abuse Counselor (CSAC) certification: State of Wisconsin Department of Safety & Professional Services
- Master of Divinity (MDiv) degree: Luther Theological Seminary, St. Paul, MN
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree–Psychology: St. Olaf College, Northfield, MN
- Completed two year-long internships in college and hospital chaplaincy in Minneapolis and St. Paul, MN.